Thursday 18 February 2010

Marshmallow Musings...

I havent updated this blog for quite some time!
Been so busy-I wouldnt wish my current situation upon ANYONE.

Have you ever gotten those achey-painey feelings,the sort where you feel your heart is just breaking but you dont know WHY???????????

Im kind of feeling that at the moment.I created this blog for the sole purpose of committing each post to my thoughts AND musings on all things Regency but this post sort of goes off in that direction..

I watched Lost In Austen for the first time in ages and instantly settled down into my oh-so-cosy sofa to once again put myself in Amanda Price's shoes and transport myself to Longbourne.
But I felt so sad.I just WANTED the life of Elizabeth Bennet SO badly-or in Lost In Austen's case,Amanda Price and I felt totally helpless.
Like no-one understood my passion for the Regency times.
I admire so many people from different periods of history that did so many things,who really did live and laugh and love and I have done crap all.
Im 16 turning 17 soon and I cannot think of a single thing that would keep me in the 21st century If I had the chance to step back in time.

I cant go back in time,I know that.
And then I realised that I should be PLEASED that so many people did so many awesome things throughout history that I gained knowledge of,like Pride and Prejudice being written and all sorts of stuff.
Maybe,No,I WILL be the modern day Elizabeth Bennet.I want all those who I admire so much to be PROUD of me!

I REALLY needed to type all that down and I do feel the better for it!

Regency Princess
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment